CHFIv8 presents a detailed methodological approach to computer forensics and evidence analysis. It is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios that enable students to acquire hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard tools necessary to successfully carry-out a computer forensic investigation.
Battles between corporations, governments, and countries are no longer fought using physical force. Cyber war has begun and the consequences can be seen in everyday life. With the onset of sophisticated cyber-attacks, the need for advanced cyber security and investigation training is a mandate in the present day.
If you or your organization requires the knowledge or skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber criminals, then this is the course for you.
This course helps students to excel in digital evidence acquisition, handling and analysis in a forensically sound manner. Acceptable in a court of law, these skills will lead to successful prosecutions in various types of security incidents such as data breaches, corporate espionage, insider threats and other intricate cases involving computer systems.
- 1. Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- 2. Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- 3. Searching and Seizing Computers
- 4. Digital Evidence
- 5. First Responder Procedures
- 6. Computer Forensics Lab
- 7. Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- 8. Windows Forensics
- 9. Data Acquisition and Duplication
- 10. Recovering Deleted Files and Deleted Partitions
- 11. Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
- 12. Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- 13. Steganography and Image File Forensics
- 14. Application Password Crackers
- 15. Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- 16. Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
- 17. Investigating Wireless Attacks
- 18. Investigating Web Attacks
- 19. Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
- 20. Mobile Forensics
- 21. Investigative Reports
- 22. Becoming an Expert Witness